Thursday, October 17, 2013

Post #2!!!!!

I preferred the suitcase lady short story because I found it more interesting than trenches, and also because it's more applicable to my life. I have never been in a trench or in a war, but have been on queen street in Toronto many times.

1 comment:

  1. Since the "Suitcase Lady" story takes place in a more familiar setting, it can seem more relatable to us because we currently see people in society who are poor and are begging for change. When we talk about war, we can discuss what war would be like and what the soldiers are feeling, but neither of us have experienced that. When you are actually in the environment of a war or on a street with poor people, it's a much different experience rather than just talking about it because you would then fully understand what those people go through.

    ReplyDelete